Adding a resistor to raise injector impedance - Comments?

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Apr 11 23:45:35 GMT 2001

> Actually the 2.3A max peak will work for port PnH injectors. The
CS452
> peaks at 2.4 Amps. The TBI inj peak at 4A.
>
> BobR.

Bob, pardon my ignorance, but how can 2.3A max peak work for the peak
and hold injectors, which in my case are 2.2 ohms (Ford Mustang turbo
30 lb/hr Bosch).

Assuming 13 volts voltage, 2.2 ohms resistance, and V=I*R, would this
not give a peak current of 5.9 amps?  Should I consider the hold
current instead of peak current?  I am obviously missing something.

Please explain to this amateur.

Regards,
Jay