Small injectors

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Thu Apr 12 02:40:56 GMT 2001

I recall not too long ago, someone posting that Volkswagen had such an OE
setup which for at least a couple of years used an adapter that would screw
into where the mechanical nozzle was installed in the manifold, and in turn
would accept a standard OE electronic Bosch injector at the other end.  The
poster had provided some VW part numbers for these adapters, and I remember
checking and finding that they were still available, and were about $7 CAN
each.  I will have to scout about to see if I can find my paper copy of that
message.  Meanwhile, you might want to check with a local VW dealer.  If
space for the injector body itself is an issue, then check out some of
Bosch's EV4 Micro injectors, or some of Siemen's Deka micro injectors.
Magnetti Marelli have a few micros as well, but they are hard to find info
about.

If I find that original post, I'll let you know.

Walt.