Bosch ignition modules.

Jörgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Sun Apr 22 05:20:14 GMT 2001

That was quick!

It seems like I have been searching the wrong places...

With the information on atpelectronics.demon.co.uk I was able to cross
reference the numbers with a few parts suppliers here in Sweden and Germany.
I finally found that the unit used on a carburated Volvo 240 and 740 is
compatible with the '008', more then that, most old Audis use the same
module if they don't have an ignition computer. That's nice, I am installing
the stuff in an Audi and I can keep the stock module.

Instead of paying SEK1153 ($120) for the '008', I can get an oem part for
SEK390 or if I want to take a chance with a Chinese part I can get it for
SEK159. I honestly think that seven Chinese modules will keep my car running
a bit longer then one Bosch unit.

On http://www.transpo.de/cgi-win/product.exe?BM300 you find a module that
replaces the Bosch 1 227 022 008, they have been helpful enough to list the
other modules that their BM300 module replaces. All of them should be able
to replace a '008'.

Thanks!
Jörgen