SFI setup for 1.3l 4cyl

nik tumbri riviera at goconnect.net
Sun Apr 22 11:47:24 GMT 2001

Hi everybody!

I'm interested in setting up fuel injection on a Morris Mini.
1.3L 4cyl.  I would also like to switch over to 'wasted -
spark' ignition.

The Mini only has two inlet ports, shared between the
four cylinders, so I'd only be using 2 injectors.

To an ecu this engine could look like a 2cyl 2 stroke engine,
with each injector fired once per 180deg crank rotation and
at about the same time the coil attached to the other two
cylinders would be discharged.

Any suggestions for an ECU?  I know somebody has setup a mini
with a '808 ecu from a Holden Camira (Australian 4cyl 1.8l 1989)
however he has not setup 'wasted spark' or sequential
injection.

I understand some v8's are set up to fire injectors in two groups
of 4.  Perhaps this could be useful for me - only in two
groups of 1 injector each?

if anybody has any ideas, please let me know
cheers,
nik.