K-Jet /PIC hybrid

James Montebello jamesm at lapuwali.com
Mon Apr 23 19:23:03 GMT 2001

This is K-Jet with Lambda, and was fitted a wide variety of cars.  Later,
KE-Jet used a better, electronically-adjustable pressure regulator to
vary the "control pressure" for the fuel distributor.  This allows mixture
variations with a given about of flapper movement (i.e., air mass).

All of the K-Jet variants, however, still required a flapper to move
the control plunger in the fuel distributor.  The mixture controls
were strictly for relatively fine adjustments, as required with a
Lambda-controlled system.

The original poster wants to do away with the flapper altogether, and
control the fuel distributor directly.  Essentially, this is a straight
EFI problem, simply replacing injector pulse width with plunger position.

A snail-profile cam and a stepper motor might do it, although I'd really
wonder about the combination of the accuracy AND the torque requirements.
Such steppers may exist, although I'd expect them to be expensive.
Doctoring the plunger to operate by rotation rather than linear movement
(as he seems to be proposing below) would also be an option, although
you'd still have the accuracy/torque problem to wrestle with.

I wish you luck...

james montebello