Lambda Sensor

Mike Blakey mike.blakey at baesystems.com
Thu Apr 26 07:50:46 GMT 2001

I'm after some data on a 1-wire O2 sensor.  I'm planning to construct the EGO meter
as per diy-efi web site, but I still have some questions

I'm planning to use a universal 1-wire sensor. But I can not find any technical
data on them.

1.  Does the sensor require a bias or excitation voltage?
2.  If the output voltage is self generating (albeit at high impedance) what
voltage corresponds to what oxygen level?
3.  what is the correlation to oxygen level and mixture ratio?

I have already built the circuit but have yet to buy a sensor, any recommendations
would also be appreciated.

Thanks.