Books to read ?

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Apr 26 08:04:05 GMT 2001

There is a list of books, SAE papers, etc. on the diy_efi page.  That's
a good place to start.  Also, on the gmecm page FAQ there's an address
for MSX International, who publishes GM training material.  I have a
couple of their books and they're very good, also reasonably priced.
Their catalog is free.  Also Stephen King's Dreamcatcher is very good
although it has no EFI content.

--steve

Morten T Nielsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm  about to serve my time as a soldier - and bet it's pretty boring :-) So i thought that I might bring some books to read! I'm planning on starting on Automotive Engineering on one of the English Universities, and since I have a great interest in EFI, or just plain Fuel Injection  I thought i might read something about it!
> I already have the "Modern Engine Tuning" book which didn't satisfy me on the EFI...otherwise it's a great book! But what books are available that gives a good look of how the ECM works  - how it's programmed and so on? (I know this is individual for the manufacturer but then there must be different books depending on the computer)
> I'm not into the hardcore EFI yet, but I would really like to, and therefore it must also be books for "beginners" or a novice :-)
>
> Thanks !
>
> Morten T Nielsen
> "Euro lister"
> 76´Scirocco 1.6 TS (Carb)