O2 / Lambda Sensor Data

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Apr 26 19:29:47 GMT 2001

This is not the Wide Band O2 sensor that is being discussed here, is it?

sf

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Reeve [mailto:will at reeve.org.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 3:01 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: RE: O2 / Lambda Sensor Data

Sure. Lambda sensor bought from http://www.tuneparts.co.uk if you are in the
UK, 47.50UKP! This works as good as the expensive Bosch one.
Meter kit details published by Silicon Chip - http://www.siliconchip.com.au
issue September and October 2000.

Meter kits bought from Jaycar electronics http://www.jaycar.com.au , you get
a photocopy of both articles with this kit. They will ship worldwide.
62.95AUS dollars, thats about 22 UKP!

Kit link:

http://filemaker.webfactory.com.au/DFX/jaycar/FMPro?-db=products.fp3&-format
=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=model%20%23&Category=KITS%20-%20AUTOMOTIVE&-
recid=37118&-token=12680773&-find=

The curve used in the PIC I scanned in ages ago for a friend, its at:
http://www.btinternet.com/~wreeve/images/lambda.jpg

I have the magazine article somewhere (my filing system is so bad  it would
take ages to find!) from memory, lambda signal goes into an opamp which gets
the 0-1V signal up to 0-5V, this goes into the ADC input of the PIC (a 16
series microchip), the PIC looks up the A/F ratio using the curve,  then
drives the 3 digit display via multiplex switching of the led elements.

All the other kits I looked at didn't seem to do any fitting of the lambda
output curve, the silicon chip one looks the best to me. I did find from a
web search a page which had a few nice output 'v' temperature plots. As the
temperature of the sensor decreases the readings above stoich will read
"richer" than they actually are.

Will