Part # Bosch 4-wire O2 (Autronics)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Thu Apr 26 19:38:40 GMT 2001

>> This is a "wideband sensor", but not quite as good as NTK, from what I've
>> heard. It is heated, also. A picture is
>> at: http://www.turbofast.com.au/autronic/sensors.html
>
>It sounds like the Bosch LSM-11, part 0 258 104 002.  This is just
>as good as (better than) the UEGO, in that it is cheaper and doesn't
>require an extra hole in your exhaust, plus it will run any already
>existing lambda circuitry just fine.

1. I am not entirely sure whether you can get the Bosch LSM-11 for any less
than the NTK sensor. Used to be quite the opposite, but I have not tracked
the recent price changes.

2. The NTK UEGO sensor uses technology which is _FAR_ superior to the Bosch
LSM-11. No if and or buts about that! The NTK is sensitive and quick enough
to able to pick out a mis-fire on a 4 cyl engine at 4K rpm, for instance
(on a scope trace).

Greg