O2 / Lambda Sensor Data

Will Reeve will at reeve.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 19:41:37 GMT 2001

>He wanted to build a *short cut* for looking at AFRs, and could easy assume
>that he was safe in what he was doing based on what you stated as fact.

OK. As I often say assumption is the mother of all f???ups :-)

>You want to guarantee what you say?,  for any engines mistuned using your
>info?.

I didn't at any point recommend anything, just thought I would share some
experiences that's all. I only increased the fuel in my case so was playing
safe anyway. I don't think the original question posted even mentioned he
wanted to tune his engine using one. I shouldn't have said I did, just
thought it would shed some light on why I went to all the trouble installing
it! I quite like reading what people have been getting up to on their cars.
When the car gets back on the rolling road I hope the WOT mixture is in the
right ballpark and money has been saved!

>> P.S. Can we take this argument to personal email? I don't think the list
>> is the place for it :-)
>
>No this is not personal.
>You want to state things, as fact based on some limited testing.   That is
>misleading,    and needs to be publicly disputed
>Bruce

I'm not taking it personally, emails often appear very impersonal and
confrontational I don't mean mine to be. I would happily discus it over a
pint with you! I just thought people might be getting a bit bored with it
all.

Will
(last post on the matter, promise :-)

P.S. I found that page with the temperature 'v' sensor voltage output graph
http://robrobinette.com/autometer_af.htm the spreadsheet at the bottom is a
very interesting read for anyone interesting in sensor outputs.