Ease data logger [was Re: Best Commercial Wide-Band Exhaust Gas Analyzer...???]

Jason R. Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Apr 27 14:45:17 GMT 2001

Yes, we have the OBD II Data Logger. It is nice because we can send it to a
customer, let them drive around with it installed (ours is set up to record
up to 11 hours) and the don't have to do anything (we set it up to start
recording on key on). It is also interesting to record track events and
other high speed events ( we have recorded track events, Silver State runs,
ASA cars etc.). The update rate is slow (seems slower than the Tech 2) and
you can't get all the data parameters that the Tech 2 has. Ease is usually a
year or two behind on the vehicle software (and we are normally working on
brand new vehicles) but for most shops this shouldn't be a real issue. The
Ease software is also a little slow and bulky on your PC. Despite this, the
data logger is a very helpful tool. I have meant to check out the Kent
Moore/OTC logger but haven't had a chance. I assume it is more like the Tech
2 but I know it won't log nearly as much data.

Jason

> You're right Jason,
> I don't think I'd want to trust a $20K engine to a $200 AFR meter.
> On a side note--Have you looked at EASE's data logger ?
>
> Lyndon

For
> > most applications, the ECM AFRecorder Model 1200 is probably the best.
It

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org