Gas price control

mark koenig mrkk at execpc.com
Mon Apr 30 17:14:32 GMT 2001

I think the Hydrogen storage problem has been solved. Check out a company
called Energy Conversion Devices at:

http://www.ovonic.com/hydrogen/products.html

They have invented a solid hydrogen storage system that stores hydrogen
atoms in a solid metal hydride. Thanks to some quirks of science that go
way over my head, they can store hydrogen at a density of 103 grams/liter,
whereas liquid hydrogen contains only 71 grams/liter, and compressed
(@5000psi) hydrogen has only 31 grams/liter.  They're building plants
right now to mass produce their systems.

I'm also led to believe they're the inventors of NiMH battery technology,
and all NiMH batteries are made under license from them.  These people seem
to know what they're doing.

The company is headed up by Robert Stempel, former head honcho at GM.

I'd be curious what others think of their systems. No, I don't work for
them, but I wish I did.  Or at least owned a bunch of their stock.

Mark K.