Changing output of WB O2 setup (Autronic)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Thu Aug 2 14:27:31 GMT 2001

>I bought an Autronic SMC engine management system.  It has the Autotune
>feature (adjusts AFR based on input from WB controller).
>
>I have a feeling I need to just bite the bullet and pay the $1000, but if I
>can save money, I will surely go for it.
>
>Thanks
>jay

My personal feeling is that a properly built engine does not need auto-tune.

Basically, if you have decent datalogging when you first set it up, and
tune it properly, it will stay there for a good long time. After tuning it
properly, pull the O2 sensor(s) out and put plugs in the holes, and avoid
the expense of sensor replacement!

Greg