safe distance from coil for ECU

Dave Edge edgedj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:02:51 GMT 2001

just installing my ECU provided by
www.perfectpower.com, I had it running but am
experiencing a touch of interference due to the 6
metre cable runs which I think are a touch on the long
side!

MY car has the engine in the rear and my thinking was
to get the ECU far away from all the noise in the
engine bay and mount it in the glovebox for ease of
access. As I say the runs of wire are too long, even
with shielded twisted pair wires.

I want to mount it on the back shelf, unfortunately
the other side of the back shelf is where the coil
lives, will the EMF affect the ECU, is there a safe
distance that should be observed. I can get about 1
foot away without lengthening the wires.

Cheers
Dave