Non EFI, sort of.

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Wed Aug 15 14:10:26 GMT 2001

Phil Hunter wrote:

> Eric Fahlgren wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > The ducting from the air box to the turbo inlet
> > should have very low vacuum (< 1 inch Hg), so it
> > need not be that rigid.
>
> Don't forget Bernoulli, high speed air inside the
> tubing w/ static air pressure outside, I've heard
> of even aluminum dryer vent ducting collapsing.

Phil,

I wish you wouldn't do this to me.  I just had to figure out
how much vacuum Bernoulli caused, so here ya go.  It's not too
much, unless your pipe is too small.  Any aero guys on the list
that can give us some insight on velocities and roughness?

http://members.home.net/pfahlgren/cars/turbo/velocity.html

(One missing piece is the use of the input temperature to change
rho for the Bernoulli computations; temp is used for the Reynolds
number.)

Eric

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA