Batch EFI on Siamesed Port Motors

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 16 23:34:44 GMT 2001

Shared port heads are just headaches, IMO.  Do what just seems best and get
on with it.  I know SEFI, sounds so cool, but the basic mechanical
configuration is so poor that you'll never really make up for it.
  Also depends if the manifold is a downer, or sider (<G>).
If your blowing the fuel onto the manifold floor, you deep in the woods
anyway.  Try for best atomization at low speed (TBI), and go from there.  If
a sider and high rpm then the port config would sound best.
Plenum volume, injector placement, on something like that is going to be
just compromises.  Figure out where you want it to run, and take you hits in
the off areas.  Trying to compromise too much leaves you with nothing that
is right.

As I recall, weren't some using just a single 26mm choked single barrel of a
45 DCOE?.
What size injectors can you even find for something that small (hmm,
975cc's?)?.
A single TBI might not be a bad option.
Bruce
  YMWV