Mercury to Mopar TBI swap?

Matt Cramer mac9 at po.cwru.edu
Sat Aug 18 13:54:01 GMT 2001

	I recently bought an '86 Mercury Capri with a 3.8 V6 with the intent of
swapping a V8 into it.  However, I just had an idea for another project
using some parts off it once I get the V8 in there.  Since my Dodge Dart
has a 3.7 liter straight six and the Capri has a working TBI setup on
there, perhaps I could put the fuel injection unit from the Capri on my
Dart.  There are some obvious things I need to take care of, like
installing the sensors and making an adapter for the intake manifold, but
there are a few things I'm not sure what to do about.  The most important
that I can think of is fuel pressure.  Does anyone know what fuel pressure
this device is supposed to run at?  I've heard that GM TBI's use less fuel
pressure than most multi-port EFI setups, but is this true of Ford units
too?  Or does it expect around 43 psi of fuel pressure?

Matt Cramer