DIY_EFI Digest V5 #704

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Tue Aug 21 08:39:05 GMT 2001

I guess that what the engineers do with a new toy and what makes it on
the road are two different things.  One reason for the restrictor could
be the decrease in power on purpose as I'm not sure the non-HSV cars are
fitted with traction control.  And you don't really want grandpa
flooring it and loosing it big time going across the traffic lights, so
you have to drop the power one way or the other.

Apparently Holden have had a number of engine failures that have
resulted in people getting new engines under warranty, maybe there is an
oil problem.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com