DIY-WB Output Voltage Scaling

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 02:50:16 GMT 2001

Peter,

I guess that I was not paying enough attn, I did not see the curve (it did
not occur to me to check it out).  the more that this gets developed, the
more I think that this is a very good application for a Basic Stamp or Basic
X.  we have just started using them @ work & I have one here that I have
used to turn on & off LED's.  Mind you I am not a genius when it comes to
this stuff, but it seems that this would be a great application for this.  I
can get small RAM's for next to nothing & DACs for a small fee.  the thing
that cost the real money is the controller itself. the advantage here is
that I can add in a table for linearizing it & have it do the math for me
right down to the accuracy of the look up table itself.  We just got a
couple of serial displays for test equipment, that were pretty cheap.

I think that once I have my DIY WB up & running I am going to try to emulate
it with the stamp & see if I cant get the heater algorithms close to what
the DIY WB is doing.  I think that once I get that fingered out the rest is
cake.

Just thinking out loud.

BW