grok'ed it

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 26 09:32:22 GMT 2001

Mark Agnello tapped away at the keyboard with:
> Bernd,
>
> I have been working for over 20 years now and I don't
> run into many engineers or programmers under the age
> of 40 that know where 'grok' comes from.  Maybe the
> techies that work for the US military establishment
> lack imagination, are afraid to admit they read
> subversive material, or ???????? ;)  Maybe I need to

:-) It's not good to be different in the military.

When the book gets made into a movie, then most people will catch
on. Ask those under 40 if they've recently read a book (fiction!).
That might be the answer.

> move down under.  Maybe it's just late and I need to
> get some sleep...

Maybe I only associate with those more likely to be familiar with
the term and its origin; even if they have never read the book.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |