grok'ed it

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Aug 26 21:33:17 GMT 2001

I'm not that old, but I know Heinlein.  I got into plenty of trouble by being
caught reading Heinlein (and Bradbury, and Asimov, and CS Lewis, and whatever
else I could find) when I was supposed to be doing schoolwork.  I still remember
"Oscar" the spacesuit.  I also remember the day I learned that spacesuits don't
need heaters like the pre-moon launch sci-fi writers believed.

At one time I had a huge collection of vacuum tubes.  I wanted to build a
computer, and all the books I was reading talked about vacuum tubes in the
computers, so I grabbed every tube I could find figuring I'd eventually have
enough.  Good thing I moved into car parts a few years later.  Ida been no match
for IBM.
Shannen