DIY-WB

Jörgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Mon Aug 27 13:03:47 GMT 2001

The nature of the UEGO sensor makes it less sensitive to temperature
variation, the stochiometric reading does not change much with temperature
on any sensor.

The resistance over the pump cell and the sensor cell is the way to measure
the temperature of the sensor element. The resistance of the heater element
is also useful.

To say that one know the temperature of the sensor could mean the
temperature of the heater element and that is a design requirement since the
temperature needs to be regulated.

But for example ETAS don't use the heater element for reading the
temperature, they use the sensor element or the pump cell depending on the
sensor used. They also regulate the heater from the resistance of the
sensor/pump cell.

Jörgen