Turbo buick ?'s for Phil

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 13:45:01 GMT 2001

If he's wanting to make a lot of power then I think I'd look elsewhere. The
Stock 86/86 GN turbo, which was capable of making the most out of the entire
series is good for about 350/375 hp flywheel. More than that is due to iced
intercoolers and such. Have had a customer run consistent 12.40's with a
stock turbo TType at 3420 lbs. including driver. Light for one of them. That
translates to 350 out of the engine and this was at 21 psi with a big front
mount intercooler. I think I would go to a t3/t4 hybrid to optimize the back
pressure versus the intake pressure desired. t3/t4 like on the Honda's will
make 500 hp and still be able to spool up very nicely.
Mark