Turbo buick ?'s for Phil

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 04:54:37 GMT 2001

> Phil wanted to know about the turbos of Gn's
> Specifically exhaust/compress
> size and hp rating. Looking to use this on a high
> power 4 cyl.
> Thanks

Sorry Justin, I do not know much about turbos, other
than I am running a TA49, one step up from stock.

With all the variables like A/R ratios and compressor
maps, etc., I'd say your odds of success by just
putting on some used turbo are slim. "Combination is
everything". My recommendations would be to do your
homework w/ some good books and to talk to vendors.

http://www.gnttype.org has some info on various
turbos in the tech area, and a vendor list that
can get you started. You didn't say what motor,
but you may want to surf for SVO Mustang info
as being closer to your combo.

Hope that helps and good luck,
phil