Using a knock sensor from one engine on another

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 28 12:58:49 GMT 2001

The bottom line is that the acoustic ones just listen for noise, and you
have a slightly better then 50/50 chance of hearing it anyway.  Set it so
that it reacts to all detonation, and any harmonic will set it off at some
other time.
   They are a tuning aid, no more no less, put all your eggs in one basket,
and yada yada.
Most of the oem cals are for 2,400-3,200 rpm anyway.
  I played mix, and match just using some junkyard stuff till I got the
response that I wanted
Bruce