junkyard 396ss coolant advice

James Northrup james_northrup at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 03:35:30 GMT 2001

--0-1591804291-999056119=:81189

So my 195 thermostat puts me up to a 210 degree coolant running temp.

what is a 1968 396ss made of? what are the stock heads and block metals?  I'm told the rods were a pink alloy, forged 4bolt main crank, and there's no telling what pistons or bearings have been put in.

is 210 coolant temp OK?  will I really be asking for trouble if i sustain a particular rpm range above low-load 1000-3000 ?

Make international calls for as low as $0.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger.
--0-1591804291-999056119=:81189

<P>So my 195 thermostat puts me up to a 210 degree coolant running temp.&nbsp; </P>
<P>what is a 1968 396ss made of? what are the stock heads and block metals?&nbsp; I'm told the rods were a pink alloy, forged 4bolt main crank, and there's no telling what pistons or bearings have been put in.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
Make <a href="http://phonecard.yahoo.com/">international calls</a> for as low as $0.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger.
--0-1591804291-999056119=:81189--