wide band O2 sensor image on Motec web site [was Re: DIY-WB]

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Aug 30 03:27:53 GMT 2001

> The image itself is http://www.motec.com/images/plm.jpg

> say if it is Bosch or NGK). The part number looks like a shortened/modified
> Bosch number ( M 0258 002 ). Motec used to use the LSM 11 style Bosch wide
> band sensor with their EFI systems (I am not sure if they still do).

The sensor looks like Bosch's new dual cell ( like NTK UEGO) sensor, not
the LSM11. Meter looks nice and I am guessing it costs $3000 or so based
on the price of the Motec I have that uses the LSM-11.

By the way, the LSM11 in still in use on the Bosch EFI that is on the
factory GM C5R racecar that I am crew on. We datalog it all the time
during practice and races and use to tune the a/f.

> The technical specifications are interesting, this is the first meter I have
> seen that will read the Bosch and the NGK sensors. It also has an
> auto-detect feature so it can figure out which sensor it is connected to.
> They also refer to using the calibration resister on the wideband sensors
> (although they don't specify if this is on the NGK, the Bosch or both). The
> technical specifications can be found at:

Think they both use a cal resistor but do not know for sure. Will ask
Bosch motorsports engineer at next race.

regards,

frank parker