wide band O2 senso and Bosch questions

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Thu Aug 30 20:50:55 GMT 2001

At 2:58 PM 8/30/01, Camden Lindsay wrote:
>I hope this is not looked at as a waste of bandwidth/etc...
>I will say what i've heard, although it isn't mutch
>--I would guess it is a "about to be introduced"-- but i have read that some
>japanese manufacturers are using it in japan (isuzu, i think..).. and i have
>also read that the US's gas has too much sulfur in it to make DInjection
>possible (road and track i think-- about 1.5 years ago)
>--Of course, this may all be hogwash

Not a waste of bandwidth at all. I know a fair bit about the Orbital stuff
from Perth. (Air boosted direct injectors.)

It would appear that Bosch is taking (or is about to take) some form of
direct injection a bit more mainstream.

Was wondering whether they are using air boost, or hydraulic
multiplication, as in Navistar IH and the power stroke diesels---or
something different yet??

Anybody know??

Greg