AW: Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Rausch, Bernd br at rnt.de
Tue Dec 4 11:02:32 GMT 2001

Hello Bernd,

the complete intake manifold with plenum and intake runners will be
custom fabricated. So I am open for various suggestions.

I do not understand why integrating the IC in the plenum hurts throttle
response. In a "classic" setup I have the IC before the throttle body,
with extra piping and manifolds on the IC, so throttle response should
become even better.

I thought individual throttle-bodies are normally used for engines with
long duration cams to avoid cross-flow and get better idle/part throttle
response ? I want to avoid the extra work (and money) integrating 6 TB´s
and linkage.

Best regards,
Bernd Rausch