copy eproms

Timothy J Burgess tjburgess at west.raytheon.com
Tue Dec 4 18:42:19 GMT 2001

Or you may use the larger PROM to store two separate loads of code (or four
loads with a 27C512) & easily select between the two.  Here's how I built
up the multiple load selection hardware:  Attach a 5 x 1 header to a 28 pin
DIP socket near pin 28 - connect header pin 1 to socket pin 28 (+5 volts),
connect header pin 3 to socket pin 27 (programmer address msb; A14),
connect header pin 5 to socket pin 14 (gnd), connect header pin 2 to header
pin 4.  Attach the wires to just below the body of the socket.    Bend up
pin 27 (address 14) of the PROM.  Install the PROM in the socket.  Solder a
wire between pin 27 of the PROM and pin 2 of the header.  Use a jumper
(shorting) block to select the PROM mode:  Short header pins 1 & 2 = Use
load @ address 0x4000 to 0x7FFF.  Short header pins 4 & 5 = Use load @
address 0x0 to 0x3FFF.  Short header pins 2 & 3 = Program PROM.  Load both
16K PROM loads at the starting address indicated above (0x0 & 0x4000) in
the PROM programmer memory before programming the 32K PROM.  If a 27C512
PROM is used, A15 is the address msb & it is located at pin 1 of the 28 pin
DIP.  The PROM data sheets (pinouts) may be found at
http://www.atmel.com/atmel/products/.

Tim