New cam for TPI 350

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Thu Dec 6 01:02:25 GMT 2001

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experiences with the CraneCams H-278-2 cam in a TPI
350 ?
The application is roughly 1700kg car with 5speed manual, 3.08 diff,
Sportsman 2 heads (circuit work, hill climbs, autokhanas, NO drag
racing).  TPI is controlled by aftermarket MAP system with no closed
loop control.
Really just want to settly my worries that the cam may loose too much
vacuum at idle, hence resulting in idle problems (also have no idle
control motor, system just relies on a fixed size bypass hole for idle
air).

Also, I'm told the standard throttle body is good for around 650cfm, can
anyone tell me if I'm starting to get close to that limit with this
setup and if I need to look at going to a larger size ?

rgds

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com