O2 sensor pullup resistor values?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 6 03:52:07 GMT 2001

Peter Florance tapped away at the keyboard with:

Probably on the output of the buffer amplifier, internal to the box.
The sensor's output voltage rises from 0V when it heats up; that
transition may be used to switch off the bias.

You can check this by measuring the open-circuit voltage at the
ECU connector, with the lambda disconnected.

The sensor can only source a few microamps. Trying to run a sizeable
current through it, which is essential to bias the output directly,
will destroy the sensor.