Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Dec 6 07:53:34 GMT 2001

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> > 240 MPH, OK what even streetable car can do that?.
>
> Bugatti Veyron. You got the $2 million? Bugatti's taking orders.
>
> High-end production Porsches can exceed 320kmh at less than half of
> that price.

What are you, on freaking drugs?
For that kind of money, damn near anybody could build a car willing to do that
speed.  Go ahead and stretch the definitions beyond reasonable.

Street car my arse.  Ok, 200mph, no problem.  Last year's nascar cars are for
sale.  Check out the silver state classic, that's where the average joe gets to
run 'em.  So it's on a street, and it's a car, so makes it a street car?  Ya,
ok.  And compared to the Porch it's cheap enough that we can buy a case of beer
and a small motel for the after race celebration.

Send those happy pills over here.  I'd like to see what color the sky really is
in your world.

> Production starts in 2003. Bugatti expect to sell between 300 and
> 500 of them a year.

At 300 models per year, the Bugatti hardly qualifies as a production vehicle,
let alone a street car.  Bicycle factories produce more units than that.

> A 1200bhp version has been pre-announced.
Yes, and I read about that car 3 years ago.  It was a promised item then.

> > 400 kmh is approachable on how many streets?.

> Two or three at certain times.

OMG! LMAO!
So... kinda pointless, no?

> > What's a reasonable
> > price for a car capable of speeds close to 400kmh and still
> > driveable around town?

$150k US dollars for the "Buy it, don't build it" crowd.

They'll never drive that fast anyway.

Shannen