Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 6 16:08:56 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:
> From: "Bernd Felsche" <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>

>>> Bugatti Veyron. You got the $2 million? Bugatti's taking orders.

>> OOPS... shocking cockup.... it's less than US$1 million... (I was
>> thinking in Aussie dollars) One million Euro is the price announced
>> to the Veyron EB 16.4 with the less-powerful 1001 bhp (736 kW)
>> engine.

[snip]

> So how many of these are you or your frineds buying.

Me; precisely zero. My friends? I dunno. It's their licence and
"their" dough.

> 300-500 is what, an afternoons work load for a major manufacturer
> of STREET cars

Afternoon? Only during vacations. It's like what get's built before
the first coffee break of large-volume manufacturers.

Would you call a Rolls-Royce a street car? Or a Ferrari, or a
Lamborghini? So's the Bugatti.

>> A 1200bhp version has been pre-announced.
>
> Pre-announced = commerical maybeware?.
>
> Yep, I firmly stuck on reality,

I'm sure that the reality of some people will include a Bugatti. For
people (?) like Bill Gates, it's a drop in the ocean. There are
hundreds of others looking for a status symbol, and perhaps a few
dozen well-to-do enthusiasts who will appreciate and be able to
enjoy the car.

The technology is trickling down to "everyday" cars more rapidly.
Unfortunately, most customers are easily distracted by "luxuries"
like cup holders (silicone-damped, of course) instead of real
technology. So the manufacturers are way behind in implementing the
technology they have sitting on the shelf.