AW: Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu Dec 6 22:49:00 GMT 2001

"Rausch, Bernd" wrote:

> I do not understand why integrating the IC in the plenum hurts throttle
> response. In a "classic" setup I have the IC before the throttle body,
> with extra piping and manifolds on the IC, so throttle response should
> become even better.

Way back when Fred Britweisser built a plenum with a water cooled IC
inside it.  Seemed like a neat idea and he liked it.

His WWW page was at:

http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

but I haven't been able to connect to it.  He did have a lot of cool
stuff there, including pictures of a Buick V6 that briefly made 800 hp
on a dyno before it exploded.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet