gm idle valve

cmillard at crutchfield.com cmillard at crutchfield.com
Fri Dec 7 19:55:17 GMT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C17F58.FF188090

Peter,
I've gone the IAC cleaning route twice with no long term luck (slowed after
a month), so I'm going the replacement route. Prices aren't too bad on the
units here ($90 list, $50 wholesale.)
I degreased, soaked in a "super lube" synth stuff, then removed excess as
not to attract dirt.
Good temporary fix, but after 6 years and too many miles I'm going to give
the Z a new idle stepper motor for Christmas (no wonder my friends think I'm
weird :^)

-Christian
(Good to see familiar faces here)

RE:

I've often wondered what the correct procedure for re-lubricating these Idle
Air Conttrol (IAC) valves is? I've recently had two get "sticky" and I've
just swapped them for newer ones, rather than cleaning and lubing. Anyone
got some well tried tips?

Peter

------_=_NextPart_001_01C17F58.FF188090

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>RE: gm idle valve</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Peter, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've gone the IAC cleaning route twice with no long =
term luck (slowed after a month), so I'm going the replacement route. =
Prices aren't too bad on the units here ($90 list, $50 =
wholesale.)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I degreased, soaked in a &quot;super lube&quot; synth =
stuff, then removed excess as not to attract dirt. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Good temporary fix, but after 6 years and too many =
miles I'm going to give the Z a new idle stepper motor for Christmas =
(no wonder my friends think I'm weird :^) </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Christian </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(Good to see familiar faces here)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>RE:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've often wondered what the correct procedure for =
re-lubricating these Idle Air Conttrol (IAC) valves is? I've recently =
had two get &quot;sticky&quot; and I've just swapped them for newer =
ones, rather than cleaning and lubing. Anyone got some well tried =
tips?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Peter</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>