Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Fri Dec 7 19:09:07 GMT 2001

Now we have strayed into market expectations.

In US, those who owned their first cars before 1974 had BIG engines, low
revs, autos, megatorque etc. In Europe we had piddly little 750cc side
valves with 4 speed manuals. Added to which driving styles are very
different, as the roads are very different. Upshot being, at least in
Europe, we like 4-pot screamers.

Or to put it another way, In UK we  don't get it about the 'vette. In US
they don't get it about the Lotus 7. Crass oversimplification, but a
kernel of truth

I believe that ya pays and ya takes ya choice. Having lived in the USA,
I now understand 'vettes, harleys and boat-like suspension

Bill