gm idle valve

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Dec 7 22:05:06 GMT 2001

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> I've had the idle stabilizer in my Golf (it's an oscillating type)
> out once every year of so for cleaning -

I suspect that the Golf's IS (idle stabiliser) is a bit different to
the GM IAC. Although I have not pulled one to pieces (yet, they don't
seem repairable once the "rivets" in the side are removed) the IAC is
a genuine rotary stepper that looks like it may use different lubrication
for the end rotary bearing and for the pintel sliding bearing. I'm also a
bit wary of using a solvent to flush out old lubricant without mechanically
removing all built up contaminants on the bearing surfaces.

So, there are no IAC experts out there?

Peter.