Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 8 04:26:25 GMT 2001

From: "Bernd Felsche" <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au

Various bits of snippage.

> EFI is appealing in mass market because it is CHEAP to build,
> install and maintain (over the nominal life of the car).

Ya, them $450 idle speed controllers are a real money saver.  What did you
say earlier one every 2 years until you figured out how to clean it.

> > Not to mention that competent engineer/tuners are quite capable of
> > making Weber DCOE/IDA carbys perform at least as well as EFI !

> Under all nominal operating conditions? On all sorts of cars?
> At a price the customer can afford? I very much doubt that.

   If a car can have DCOE(s) put on it, I'll bet I can tune it to the same
degree of customer satisfaction as any oem EFI.
   I'd venture a guess, that item by item I could do a DCOE conversion
within the funding of retail replacement prices for an entire EFI.
Doubt it all you want, but just happens to be true.
Have you ever really *tuned* a DCOE?.
Bruce