Reasonably priced at 2 million dollars??

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Dec 8 09:35:59 GMT 2001

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> To put it another way; if you were "worth" $500 million, would the
> Veyron seem to be reasonably-priced at a million Euro?

No, Bernd, it would probably not.
I'm a "build it, don't buy it" type.  I will likely never be worth $500 million,
and I'm not interested in debating what I'd consider valuable if I were.  It
ain't gonna happen.

But I don't have to be worth $500 million to see that there is a much better
value than the Bugatti.
2

> Bugatti Veyron will exceed requirements of Euro-4
Great.   That would be a good way for a maker of an expensive car to show they
do not feel they are above government laws.

> It adds mass
But it doesn't hold any weight.

> > > It's a bit dark at the moment. (1 a.m.)
> > With this comment I'm beginning to gain some insight into Bernd Felsch.
>
> Timezones?
Personality.

> Forgive me if I don't care.
Well you sure as he-- didn't ask if we cared before you started down this road.

You asked the question about reasonable price for a level of performance.  I've
found it and stated it.  I can see you're enamored of the Bugatti  But it's an
example of a car built to flaunt extravagance and wealth and Bugatti uses
performance as a major portion of the justification for the cost.  The US car is
an example of a car built to provide a certain level of performance and the
price justifies the work that went into development and the work that goes into
manufacturing.

Shannen