Intake manifold construction, intercoolers

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 8 14:37:33 GMT 2001

From: "Jörgen Karlsson" <jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se>
Subject: RE: Intake manifold construction, intercoolers
> Sorry, I just had to make a comment.
> Bernd Felsche wrote:
> > > EFI is appealing in mass market because it is CHEAP to build,
> > > install and maintain (over the nominal life of the car).
> Bruce wrote:
> > Ya, them $450 idle speed controllers are a real money saver.  What did
you
> > say earlier one every 2 years until you figured out how to clean it.

> That part is a bit to bad, only the second owner should need to replace
it.
> The same thing with air flow sensors. That is also an extremely overpriced
> spare. This is only a way to beat the customer for a bit more money. I am
> sure that the company that makes the engine management system includes
this
> when they set the price for the EMS of each car.
> Jörgen

So we just ignore selective bits of the conversation?.   He was saying they
were reasonably priced, and then in another posting mentions $450, for an
idle speed controller.  What ever the market up is what the mark up is,
don't state things as being of resonable cost, when they aren't.   Markup is
part of the cost, so be it.
Bruce