diy-wb works!

Kevin _ kiggly at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:20:17 GMT 2001

My understanding was the production sensors all came with the same cal
resistor.  The $1000 sensor (or whatever it costs) that is sold to go along
with the lab-grade boxes like the Horiba (sp?) and the like are individually
calibrated.  I thought the Honda production version was more generic.  Can
anybody confirm or deny this?

I'll check through the archives about cal gases.

And what do you mean "kill an O2 sensor about as fast as anything" ?  I
think 100 hours is a fantastic lifespan for a sensor in leaded gas!  I know
it doesn't sound like much time, but that makes this sensor one of the
cheaper parts of maintaining a race car.  I had used narrow-band switching
sensors in the past just to see if I was rich or lean and then EGT to make a
guess at A/F.  I never got more than a few hours out of a narrow-band sensor
in a leaded environment before output began falling.

Kevin