DCOE/DHLA Ver. Efi

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Sat Dec 8 23:41:38 GMT 2001

> By changing the main jets. Takes less than five minutes on a pair of
DCOEs.
> Although, replacing a dirty air filter is the recommended procedure for
> curing that one in most instances.

Just to add my 2p's worth, I believe Lotus where one of the last to use
Dellorto carbs before being forced to go to EFi due to catalytic converters
becoming mandatory. I believe this is also the reason why Mini's went EFi as
well. I think the cat. can be legally removed from all carby Minis as they
will still pass the less stringent emission tests.

"The last carburettors Dell'Orto produced were the unique "tri-jet" DHLA45's
for Lotus, which as well as an idle and main circuit, has a power jet
circuit for extra enrichment at high revs. This system was also fitted to
the Lotus Esprit Turbo carburettors, which can hold up to 30-PSI boost
pressure."

Copied from http://www.racecar.co.uk/dellorto/cars.htm

---