gm idle valve

elcamino73 elcamino73 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 9 03:03:25 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernd Felsche" <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: gm idle valve

> elcamino73 tapped away at the keyboard with:
>
> > I believe that for carbon and the like that carb cleaner is much
> > more suited to the job. I don't believe that  brake cleaner is
> > more aggressive. (Check the contents out on the back of the cans)
> > I'll use it when just the opposite results are desired
>
> Stuff like hydroflouric acid in the brake cleaner I had.
> Pretty aggressive by any standard. Carb cleaner is mainly
> low-density HCs.

CAS#127-18-4 (perchloroethylene) and 124-38-9 (carbon dioxide) are the two
main ingredients in the most common brake cleaner. Which is basically what
your dry cleaner uses to "DRYCLEAN" your suites. I'm not sure what you are
using. Carb cleaner has always been harder on hands, paint, plastic and any
wire insulating varnish.