Datalogging RPM signal

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Sun Dec 9 03:24:59 GMT 2001

Anyone have any pointers on how to log the rpm signal with the
dataq or B&B "cheap person" data acquisition boards?

I figure you can either use an inductive pickup or possibly
intercept the signal to the ECU/DME.  Problem is that I am
an electronics idiot, and I have no idea what form that signal
usually takes and/or how to intercept and capture it.

What I really want to be able to do is log AFR/O2 volts for the
WB with RPM (and possibly MAF and TPS which are simple voltage
signals) to review after tuning runs, dyno pulls, or runs
down the strip.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks,
Steve