Fuel Atomisation

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 10 02:59:59 GMT 2001

At 9:26 AM 12/10/01, Bernd Felsche wrote:

Nice overall, further display of ignorance, Bernd.

Whatsa matter, don't like the fact that I climbed all over your cute little
boy(??)-friend Petie??

>> Most carbys are not that good, and port injectors are not even close.
>
>What are the droplet sizes? At what airflow rates? From which jets?

On the same order as what comes from the Bosch air shrouded injectors.
eg--approx 8 microns on down. From both main and idle circuits, not from
the pump jets. Talking Webers here, not typical carbys.

>Increased vapourization (due to the greater atomization you say
>occurs in a carb.) upstream of the inlet valve is going to help how?

Try reading what I said before , dikhed! _NOT_ misquoting it!

>> What this does is let the latent heat of the fuel (as well as of
>> any injected water, SHHHH!!) act as an internal coolant during the
>> compression stroke. Internal cooling during the compression stroke
>
>How many Joules are going to be absorbed in the vapourization
>process?

If you are too ignorant to calculate this for yourself, pound salt.

 Unless you're evaporating water, you won't be removing
>significant heat without running very rich mixtures.

Any heat removed _during _ the compression stroke is significant.

>You said something about BSFC?

Yep. Properly tuned DCOE's at WOT will beat conventional port injectors
every time. Significantly.

>> reduces the negative work needed during that stroke, reduces the
>> peak temp of the cycle and the EGT, reduces the peak pressures
>> during the cycle, and reduces heat rejection to the water jackets
>> significantly as well.
>
>Reduces the pressure by how much to vapourize a liquid droplet into
>a gas?

Again, I suggest you go to school if you wish to learn to do such
calculations. I have done them, but you don't have enough money to pay the
tuition I would charge to teach the likes of you.

>Removing an extra kW of heat from the coolant in a 200kW engine has
>always been a problem, hasn't it?

Not at all, idiot!

But if that kW of heat stays in the cylinder instead of going into the
cooling system, a given proprotion of it ends up going out the business end
of the crankshaft instead of through the cooling system.

Again--if you want to know how much, develop some competence, and figure it
out for yourself!

>> Good atomization also leads to more uniform distribution of the
>> fuel throughout the charge, leading to better, faster combustion
>> (also more power and efficiency here).
>
>And increases the tendency to detonate (knock).

ROTFLMAO !!

 It would seem that you also wish to display (to all here) your ignorance
of the fact that detonation is a function of the residence time of the end
gasses at high temp/pressure conditions ! Lemme see--if we _reduce_ the
peak temp, peak pressure, and time of burn, that sure oughtta increase the
tendency to detonate, oughtn't it???

Not to mention the fact that a faster burn increases the basic efficiency
potential of the Otto cycle !!

Clearly, Keith Duckworth, you ain't !!

Greg