Autronic ECU and twin-spark

Chris Waltham chris at harvestroad.com
Mon Dec 10 03:24:21 GMT 2001

Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently bought an old Ford Escort with a Toyota 3T-GTE
engine in it.
It's the twin-spark flavour, turbocharged and non-intercooled. Anyway, it's
a twin-spark
engine, however it's been set up with Autronic engine management. Oddly,
the guy that
configured the Autronic (not it's owner, or me) didn't bother to set up the
second
array of spark plugs/coils and whatnot. So, of course, it's running on 4
plugs instead
of 8. I reckon twin-spark working would be rather cool, does anyone have
any comments
on why something like Autronic (which I thought to be reasonably powerful)
wouldn't
work with it?

cheers,

Chris