Fuel Atomisation

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 10 02:30:27 GMT 2001

>Thanks.
>I forgot that in the carb case there's no fuel flow when there's no air
>flow, maybe I shouldn't have taken that last beer yesterday.  :-)

Hope it tasted good !! :-)

>Are there any special provisions needed to squirt during valve open and
>still obtain adequate (whatever that may be) vaporization? Obviously,
>certain pulse widths would be too long to be able to spray during valve
>open, but what are the differences between timed sefi and batch efi/tbi,
>wrt the vaporization issue?
>
>___
>
>Arnaud

My thought is that air shrouded (or "boosted") injectors would do the
deed--and also improve atomization in the bargain--quite admirably.

The fuel injector could put the fuel into a small "pre-chamber" over a
fairly long pulse width, and then compressed air is quite capable of
putting it into the port in a highly atomized state quite suddenly.

Greg