Autronic ECU and twin-spark (and other unlikely ECU tasks)

clayb clayb at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 10 06:22:09 GMT 2001

> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:24:24 +0800
> From: Chris Waltham <chris at harvestroad.com>
> Subject: Autronic ECU and twin-spark

The Autronics has four ignition outputs, so it can fire up to eight
cylinders using wasted spark.

You can fire all your plugs. However, certain dual plug engines adjust
the timing of the two plugs independent from each other. I don't believe
the Autronics is programmed to do this.

While we're on the subject of impossible tasks for aftermarket ECU's...
I want one that can control Chevy's new "power on demand", where you
turn off un-needed cylinders, and close the valves, leaving a
near-lossless airspring, and fantastic part throttle fuel economy with a
V8.

- Lifespeed