Fuel Atomisation

Arnaud Westenberg arnaud at wanadoo.nl
Mon Dec 10 11:00:36 GMT 2001

Greg Hermann wrote:

>> but what are the differences between timed sefi and batch efi/tbi,
>> wrt the vaporization issue?

> My thought is that air shrouded (or "boosted") injectors would do the
> deed--and also improve atomization in the bargain--quite admirably.
>
> The fuel injector could put the fuel into a small "pre-chamber" over a
> fairly long pulse width, and then compressed air is quite capable of
> putting it into the port in a highly atomized state quite suddenly.

Ok, I can see that this would aid atomization, but how does _current_
sequential injection looks like?

I assume, it's injecting at IVO, but how come it is advocated as
improving HC emmisions as atomization isn't any better than with normal
batch injection? Does is solely rely on the exhaust back flow then? How
does it solve the problems that are the entire reason for squirting on
the back of a closed valve?

___

Arnaud